Virginia Governor, Bob McDonnell, by caving to radical, loony pro-abortion feminists, has squandered a real opportunity to help save unborn life in turn for an opportunity to help save his own stinking political life and political career. Because his life in politics is, apparently, more important to him than an unborn child’s life in the womb.
McDonnell requested, and therefore rejected, the legislation that would have required a woman seeking an abortion to be given an ultrasound and shown the image before she went through with the procedure be amended so that the “mandatory” clause was removed. The point of having a woman undergo an ultrasound is to show her that there is, contrary to Planned Parenthood, a living human being inside of her, so – don’t kill it! Most women going into a clinic to pursue an abortion want it over as quickly as possible so they don’t have to think about the consequences then, or afterwards. How many women who want an abortion, and want it done and over as soon as possible, are actually gong to voluntarily ask for an ultrasound? Very few, if any.
Bob McDonnell has betrayed conservatives, the Republican Party and all unborn children in Virginia. And for what? To appease a few ultra radical, pro-death liberal feminists? Where is there courage in that? McDonnell is the one proclaiming himself pro-life. But only when it suits him; only when he can win. Otherwise, unborn life takes a back seat. Do the Republican Party a favor Bob – resign in shame, hide yourself in disgrace and never show your two-faced and twisted mug again. You’ve let us all down.
- Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell signs controversial abortion bill (theprovince.com)
- Planned Parenthood Condemns Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell Signing Mandatory Ultrasound Law (yubanet.com)
- Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell Signs Virginia Ultrasound Bill (kayceeweezy.wordpress.com)
- Virginia Ultrasound Bill Signed by Gov. McDonnell, to Go Into Effect July 1st (inquisitr.com)
- NBC’s Gregory Suggests Dems Label Virginia Gov. McDonnell an ‘Extremist’ (newsbusters.org)