Chicken – it’s what’s for dinner…but only if you are white. Some black Americans, it turns out, are up in arms over this commercial:
From the Hollywood Reporter:
In a blog post that went viral on Tuesday, Renay Alize, writing on the website Madame Noire, penned an open letter to Blige expressing her disappointment in the decision to participate.
“Having a black woman sing about chicken was no mistake,” Alize wrote. “They’re trying to reach the ‘urban’ (aka black) demographic and they used you. Because God knows black folk won’t buy anything unless there’s a song, and preferably a dance, attached to it… I know you know that was sarcasm, Mary.”
If blacks selling chicken is indeed racist and stereotypical, the best and only way to eradicate this “racism” is to ban and fire all blacks from selling chicken to the public, both in commercials and at all restaurant chains. Every restaurant chain must fire its black staff and hire whites to replace them.
Remember this commercial?
Is it racist? Should the black woman be replaced by a white woman? Would that look better? Would that be racist? Would people buy more chicken if it were being sold by whites than blacks? Does anyone really care who it is selling the chicken, as much as they care about the quality of the product itself? Would blacks be better off if they just stopped eating chicken altogether?
If it really is all that offensive to have a black person selling chicken, if that is such a “stereotype” – just fire blacks. It’s that easy. replace them with whites and all those “problems” go away, everyone’s happy, the Earth is back on its axis, the time continuum is back on its correct line and we can get on to more important things – like passing laws banning blacks from eating chicken, watermelon, ribs and anything else deemed “stereotypical” and “racist”.
- “Mary J. Blige and Burger King apologize for fried chicken ad…” (althouse.blogspot.com)
- Fried Chicken, Black Fear and White Stereotypes (clutchmagonline.com)
- Sound Off: “Burger King Backlash” featuring Mary J. Blige (urbanbellemag.com)
- Burger King Commercial Pulled After Stereotype Criticisms (newsy.com)
- “What Do We Do In the Mean Time?” asked Mary J. Blige to the WB Frog (threaders.wordpress.com)
- Mary J Blige and the Chicken of Fire (mentalstorage.com)
- Burger King chickens out on Mary J. Blige – PostPartisan – The Washington Post (mbcalyn.com)
- Mary J. Blige Cries “Fowl,” Blames Burger King For Chicken Controversy (923now.cbslocal.com)
- Burger King Apologizes To Blige Over Ad (kayceeweezy.wordpress.com)
- Burger King Pulls Mary J. Blige Ad [Video] (inquisitr.com)